Osh State Medical University
Since 1992, Osh State University, a governmental medical university in Osh, Kyrgyzstan, has been training international students. This institute has around 40,000 students enrolled. 3,000 of them have arrived from various nations, including India, Ukraine, China, and others. It is the Kyrgyz Republic’s largest university and is ranked first by numerous ranking organisations.
MCI and WHO have acknowledged the university, and it is listed in the Avicenna Directory, FAIMER’s International Medical Education Directory, and the World Directory of Medical Schools.
For students from India, Osh State University provides medical courses in both English and Russian. According to data, there are currently approximately 2800 students studying medicine in Osh. Nearly 250 professors and teachers are involved in the education of these youngsters. The university has partnerships with various recognised and prestigious hospitals in Kyrgyzstan, allowing students to gain excellent experience in the field of medicine and gain vital exposure to the most up-to-date technology.
The Medical Council of India and the World Health Organization have given its permission to Osh State University. It offers an MBBS programme with a degree that is recognised all around the world. In the classroom, English is the medium of instruction, and students from Syria, India, Turkey, Palestine, Nepal, Pakistan, and other countries attend.
Osh University Kyrgyzstan is a good alternative for international students because of its well-equipped labs, world-class infrastructure, highly competent and well-trained professors with in-depth understanding of the subject, and affordable fees.
Medical practitioners in general practise and paediatrics are trained at Osh State Medical University. In recent years, the Osh State University has enrolled 28911 students from India, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Turkey, Syria, Iran, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan, as well as about 1000 students from other countries. The medium of instruction is English and Russian.
The Osh State Medical University has been active in assisting students with the transition to university life. Students can completely exhibit their intellectual and scientific potential at the State University of Osh, which has reputable faculties. The Gymnasium and Cultural Center provide excellent chances for students to participate in sports and cultural activities.
Osh State University: Important Highlights 2021
For MBBS admission, one must explore some quick facts of the Osh State University:
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||50% in PCB|
|NEET Entrance Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees||3200 USD|
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Teaching||English and Russian Language|
|University Ranking||Country – 8|
World – 8915
|University Recognition||NMC, WHO accredited|
Why Study MBBS at Osh State University?
Let’s dive into the benefits to pursue a medical career in Osh State University:
- The medicine programme at Osh State University is offered in English to foreign students.
- High-quality professional medical education They follow the MD curriculum in Europe and Russia.
- Tuition prices that are reasonable
- Comfortable Hostel is given in an ideal academic setting.
- Over twenty countries have sent students to Osh State Medical University for training.
Osh State University: MBBS Fee Structure 2021
Osh State Medical University is Kyrgyzstan’s one of the top medical universities which allow students to secure an MBBS degree at an affordable tuition fee structure:
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Tuition Fees||$ 3200||$ 3200||$ 3200||$ 3200||$ 3200|
|Accommodation Fees||$ 400||$ 400||$ 400||$ 400||$ 400|
|Total Fees in USD||$ 3600||$ 3600||$ 3600||$ 3600||$ 3600|
|Total Fees in INR||Rs. 2,55,600||Rs. 2,55,600||Rs. 2,55,600||Rs. 2,55,600||Rs. 2,55,600|
Students must fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria for studying MBBS at Osh State Medical University:
- The mbbs aspirants must be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the 31stDecember of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The students must clear the NEET exam as it is mandatory for those coming from India.
- The aspirant should be a high-school graduate or he/she must hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The aspirant should have secured at least 50% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 and 40% if the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC.
Admission Procedure for MBBS:
To secure admission in one of the top medical universities in Kyrgyzstan like Osh State Medical University, students must follow the instructions given below:
Step 1: Students who want to secure admission at the Osh State Medical university must fill the online application form along with all the required documents.
Step 2: The applications sent by the students are reviewed by the university and then they need to deposit the fees into the university’s bank account.
Step 3: The immigration procedure of students will begin once their admission is confirmed. Once students receive the invitation letter from the university, they should visit the Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic. After this, the university receives a ministry order and it issues an invitation letter to the students as well.
Step 4: The visa approval takes nearly 30 days after all the above procedures are completed.
Step 5: Once the fee is cleared, the day and date of departure of applicants are planned and finalized.
Following documents are required from the students at the time of admission:
- Copies of 10th& 12th Education Certificates.
- Birth Certificate.
- NEET Score Card.
- A valid Indian Passport (Front Main Page of Passport (having min 2 years of validity)).
- School Leaving Certificate.
- Recent passport size colored photographs – 20 copies.
- Parents undertaking.
- Migration and Transfer Certificates.
- Medical Insurance and Certificate.
Osh State University: MBBS Duration
The duration for studying MBBS at Osh State Medical University is mentioned below:
- The course duration for MBBS course at Osh State Medical University is 5-years. (From academic intake 2018 duration for the General Medicine program has been reduced to 5 years.) The students are focused on basic medical sciences and clinical studies, throughout the program.
- Along with theory, the students must focus on the hands-on training conducted at the hospitals or clinics affiliated to the Universities.
Courses offered at Osh State Medical University
Osh State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan offers following different faculties in the field of medicine to the students:
- Department of General Medicine
- Department of Stomatology
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Pharmacy
Medium of Teaching
Osh State Medical University offers an English medium of instructions during lectures:
- The courses at this university are taught entirely in English for international students.
- Local kids, on the other hand, always prefer to study in Russian. As a result, it would be simple for both domestic and international students.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Osh State Medical University is registered and cooperates with many leading international institutions:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
Accommodation and Hostel Facilities
Osh State Medical University advises choosing dormitory options for first years students, Additional information about hostel mentioned below:
- There are separate hostels for males and girls. All students have access to basic services such as a dining room and a common room with entertainment options such as television, play spaces, and a gym.
- The rules of the hostel are fairly tight, and students must adhere to the set deadlines. They are not permitted to leave the shelter during the weekly holidays unless they have received prior permission from the principal.
- Visitors have their own set of hours.
- In the dining area, food is generally provided at predetermined times. Food is not permitted in the rooms of students.
- Indian cuisine is served in hostels.
Life of Students at Osh State Medical University
Students studying at Osh State Medical University live an excellent, healthy, and happy life. The university pays great attention towards mental and physical fitness of the students, along with studies:
- Students participate in a diverse range of cultural, social, intellectual, and political organisations.
- Students are assisted in adjusting to life in Osh as well as the University by the University.
- Students have access to a gymnasium and a cultural centre, allowing them to participate in sports and cultural activities.
- Famous Indian festivals such as Diwali, Holi, Eid, and others are celebrated with zeal and spirit at the University.
- Every year in April, facilities for international students are organised, such as the Cricket Tournament.
- Osh State University Located in the centre of the city, with excellent access to all regions of the city, making it quite convenient for students.
- Students can keep themselves occupied by visiting historic landmarks or visiting one of the many theatres, museums, galleries, or exhibitions in Osh.
- Students at Osh State University have access to facilities that allow them to fully exhibit their scientific and intellectual potential.
Osh State University: International Relations
The Osh State Medical university provides training in a wide range of study areas including Law, Medicine, Education, Social Work, Economics, International Relations:
- Osh State Medical university is a member of the International Association of Universities (1995, France) and European Association of International Education (1997, Netherlands).
- OSU has also been active in networking projects of such programs as INTAS, CEP, TEMPUS-TACIS, NISSCUP, IREX, ACCELS, DAAD, and regarding international focus, it cooperates with more than 90 higher education institutions, public sectors, Embassies, various foundations, and Diplomatic Representatives of near and distant foreign countries.
- Today, in the framework of different international educational programs, about 100 OSU students study in the USA, Germany, Japan, Turkey, and South Korea.
- 14 graduates from Osh State Medical University, study at Master’s level programs, 6 post-graduates are in programs of doctoral studies leading to PhD degrees in such abroad countries as the USA, Germany, Canada, Turkey and Pakistan.
- As the university has maintained relationships with other universities and institutes across the world, students can go to the American medical institute and study for the remaining term through the student exchange program offered by the University.
About Osh City
Below are some noticeable things and facts about Osh city:
- Osh is a student city that is also a hub for education, technology, and science.
- The city of Osh is Kyrgyzstan’s second largest.
- The city is located in the midst of the historically famous Ferghana valley, and it is a mountainous city.
- Osh, located near the Uzbek border and isolated from Bishkek by large mountain ranges, is the administrative hub of southwestern Kyrgyzstan and the capital of the Osh province.
- The city of Osh has an ethnically mixed population of about 281,900 as of the reports for the year 2017.
Osh State Medical University: Important FAQs
Apart from the information provided, here are some frequently asked questions on Quora and Careers360:
Has the National Medical Commission (NMC) recognized Osh State Medical University?
The reason for the huge number of Indian population studying at OSMU is it’s recognition by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
When will the admission process of the MBBS course start at Osh State Medical University?
The intake of MBBS admission at Osh State Medical University starts from the month of January every year.
Which entrance exams will I have to clear to take admission for a medical course?
NEET is the primary requirement for students who want to take admission for MBBS at Osh State Medical University.
How is the experience of living in Osh city?
The students have noted a magnificent experience while living in Kyrgyzstan. Osh city has a high standard of living with all the public infrastructural facilities.
Is good quality of Indian food available in the university?
Osh State Medical University provides tasty meals to the Indian students which are specially prepared by Indian cooks.
What is the scope of studying MBBS in Osh State Medical University?
Students have a chance to pursue post graduation at foreign universities after passing from Osh State Medical University. They can also do internships or work as researchers at centers.