INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT [LUCKNOW]
The Indian Institute of Management Lucknow is India’s most prestigious business school. It is well-known for its outstanding faculty, high-quality education, concentrated learning, commitment to excellence, and innovative educational approach. But what distinguishes it from other business schools?
This article will discuss the key characteristics that distinguish the Indian Institute of Management.
Overview of the Indian Institute of Management
After IIM Calcutta, IIM Ahmedabad, and IIM Bangalore, the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow is the fourth in the prestigious IIM family of management schools to be established in India. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister, envisioned and initiated the establishment of IIMs.
The Institute was founded in 1984. Since then, the IIML has had a direct or indirect impact on the lives of millions of people through its faculty, alums, and support staff. The IIML prepares its students to be value-driven leaders, managers, and global players. The Institute engages in various academic activities to develop, disseminate, and apply management knowledge and practice.
IIM Lucknow is well-known for its academic rigor, diverse student body, and strong industry ties. The Institute exposes its students to international experiences through international exchange programs and competitions. In the Management Category, IIM Lucknow is ranked sixth by NIRF 2022 and fourth by IIRF 2023. The Institute was also ranked 90th in the FT Global MBA 2023 Rankings.
The flagship PGP program at IIM Lucknow is well-known. Admission to the PGP program is based on CAT scores, followed by a personal interview and the Writing Ability Test (WAT) (PI). IIM Lucknow’s average package was INR 65 LPA, with the highest package offered for the 2023 batch being INR 58 LPA.
In 2005, IIM Lucknow expanded its sphere of influence in management education by becoming the first IIM to establish a satellite campus exclusively for executive education in the Delhi-NCR region at NOIDA.
The campus is spread over 190 acres of beautifully landscaped land in a city known for its cultural heritage. With its roots in the town of “Tehzeeb,” IIM Lucknow instills human values and professional ethics in its students, allowing them to make a positive impact not only on the nation but also on a global scale. IIM Lucknow provides an ideal environment for learning, accessibility, and excellence.
Eligibility, courses & fees
IIM Lucknow offers over 40 courses, the most popular of which are the two-year full-time PGP, two-year PGPWE, and one-year IPMX. Aside from these, IIM Lucknow also provides FPM and EFPM programs.
Admission to IIM Lucknow for the class of 2023 is currently open. On January 4, 2023, the IIM WAT PI shortlist was announced. The deadline for submitting the form was January 9, 2023. (till 2 p.m.). Final admission offers are expected in the second week of April.
- Fees- INR 20.75 Lakhs for 2 Years
- Seats- 495
- Eligibility- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks OR students in their final year of study
- Criteria of selection- CAT Scores + Work Experience + Academic Scores + Personal Interview + Writing Ability Test
- Fees- INR 11 Lakhs for 2 Year
- Eligibility: Graduated with a 50% grade point average and three years of work experience.
- Criteria of selection- Academic Scores + Work Experience + Writing Ability Test + Personal Interview + CAT, GMAT, GRE, GATE, and PGPWE Scores
- Fees- INR 26 Lakhs for 1 Year
- Eligibility- Graduated with a 50% grade point average and five years of work experience.
- Criteria of selection- GMAT / GRE Scores + Academic Scores + Work Experience + Writing Ability Test + Personal Interview
Distinguishing Feature of IIML
- The IIM Lucknow Campus encompasses 185 acres of land. The IIM Lucknow campus includes well-kept green lawns, flower beds, rows of trees, and murals. The IIM Lucknow Campus Arena also consists of the Faculty Block (Chintan), PGP Block (Bodhgriha), MDP Block (Manthan), Library, Computer Center, and Samadhan.
- IIM Lucknow is a Fully-residential Institute offering Housing Capabilities for more than 1000 Students and 75 Faculties. There are 128 air-conditioned rooms in IIM Lucknow Hostel. The Guesthouse rooms have 64 air-conditioned rooms furnished with LCD TV, wifi connectivity, Tea-Coffee making facility & other amenities. IIM Lucknow hostel fees in INR 3.45 Lakhs, and with AC rooms, the costs are around INR 3.87 Lakhs.
- World-class, state-of-the-art air-conditioned amphitheater-style classrooms with wifi and computers, overhead projectors, screens, and a wireless public address system.
- Make room for each study group for group studies, projects, and assignments. Each room will include a locker, printer, table, chairs, and wifi or LAN access.
- The dining hall serves both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals.
- Subscriptions are available for indoor and outdoor games, recreation activities, and gymnasiums for you and your family.
Faculty and Academic Resources at IIML
IIML’s faculty consists of distinguished business educators with extensive knowledge and expertise in business and management studies from prestigious institutions such as IIM.
The college strives to create an intellectually stimulating environment emphasizing experiential learning, holistic development, practice-oriented teaching, and research.
Furthermore, IIMl provides various activities outside traditional classroom learning to prepare students for business success, such as seminars, workshops, industrial visits, and interactive sessions with eminent businesspeople. The School of Management is one of the best institutions for those interested in a career in business and management, with experienced faculty and a curriculum designed to complement industry trends.
Faculty members are accomplished and qualified professionals from prestigious institutes and industries such as IIM, IIT, NIT, and XLRI.
Placement & Rankings
IIM Lucknow Placements 2023 have ended with a 100% placement rate. The placement drive attracted 556 students. The highest package at IIM Lucknow increased by about 6% to INR 65 LPA, while the average box remained at INR 32.2 LPA. Approximately 200 recruiters took part in the placement drive. Accenture, Deloitte, BCG, EY, and KPMG were among the top recruiters.
The highest international package increased from INR 61.59 LPA to INR 65 LPA during IIM Lucknow Placements 2023, while the most elevated domestic box decreased from INR 58 LPA to INR 55 LPA.
The Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, is a leading business school founded in 1984 by the Government of India and the MHRD. According to the NIRF 2022 ranking, IIM Lucknow is ranked sixth. According to the FT Global Rankings 2023, the Institute is ranked 90th. IIM Lucknow has been ranked fourth in the IIRF Rankings 2023. Outlook: ICARE India ranks fourth in the ranking list category for the year 2022. QS Global’s international rankings place IIM Lucknow in the top 150-200 list. The Economic Times ranked it eighth among management institutes in the country.
The final report for the IIM Lucknow Summer Internship Placements 2024 has been released, with 100% placements recorded. The highest stipend at IIM Lucknow was INR 3.5 lakhs per month, and the average stipend was INR 1.41 lakhs per month.
IIM Lucknow was ranked 6th by NIRF 2022 in the Management Category. The Institute is ranked 5th by IIRF 2022 and 4th by Outlook-ICARE 2022 Rankings.